Monday, August 2, 2010

Life Abbreviated (where my time has gone)

Update on life:
Since May, Steve was in Spencer & Laura's wedding in Dallas, Texas, at the beginning of June (such a beautiful ceremony at Watermark).
Steve spent a month in front of the TV watching the World Cup.
We went to the wedding of one of my coworkers in Point Loma.
I went to see Switchfoot at the Del Mar Fair with some old Kaleo folks.
I took the train to Santa Barbara for Emily Harms' lingerie shower and then hung out in Orange County with the cousins for 4th of July.
Our nephew, Jack Bailey Mavis, was born. I drove to Santa Barbara the next weekend to be a bridesmaid in Emily's wedding (beautiful!), and Steve met me up there. We stayed in the Coast Village Inn, which we booked for really cheap on Priceline... but we had to sleep in two twin beds. Serves us right.
We went to a wedding in Balboa Park for one of my old roommates, and we went to see Jim Gaffigan at Humphrey's on Shelter Island (where we got engaged just over a year ago).
I'm now in Calgary on my first travel assignment, for which I wrote a race report and will write a travel feature.

Still to come:
No more weddings till October.
Brother Andrew moving to Paris at end of August and friend Emily West moving to China in mid-August.
Trip to San Antonio for Labor Day. There are plans to float down the Guadalupe River.
Chris and Tiff (our friends and neighbors) are expecting a baby girl in late November.
Alex and Alison (my cousins) are expecting a baby boy in early December.
Week-long trip to Europe in January with the Leach family to visit Andrew (and take a bike tour).
Tim and Leslie (my cousins) are expecting a baby in February.

2 comments:

  1. Hooooly crap woman! Craziness for sure! Totally there with the weddings, too. This weekend will be my 3rd in a row!!

    But yes, life updates and musings and encouragements soon please! I love you! I'll get back to you soon about this Friday! <3 Mahal kita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this update - and the twin beds. Let's schedule a phone date soon. Would love to hear more about how life is treating you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete