Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 22

This photo wasn't exactly taken on this day, but I thought it was cute. This is Eden -- an art teacher from Kansas who goes to Buen Pastor with me. And she's holding the cat which has yet to be named. They were going to name it Mimosa, but apparently it's a brand name for something else in Peru, so it wouldn't really be a good idea. Class went well, and then I came home and went to lunch with my Peruvian roommate. It was about a 40-minute lunch entirely in Spanish! I did a lot more listening than talking, but I picked up a lot of the main ideas of what Elsa was saying, so that's exciting. Then I went to the birthday party of the little brother of one of the guys in the universitarios group at my church, and it was a lot of story telling with every one laughing and me sitting there with a half-smile, wishing I knew what was so funny. And then the guys that I came with (who speak pretty good English) get a double laugh because they see the expression on my face and know that no intiendo nada. Awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment