Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 30


Tonight I had my first Chifa (Chinese food with Peruvian ingredients) experience, and it was quite satisfactory. This is Mariano, one of the guys in the universitarios group -- he's good about using his Spanish with me to get me to practice and I think he's the most animated guy I've ever met. So fun. I woke up this morning with my roommates cooking breakfast and making coffee in the kitchen just outside my bedroom and we all ate together. They're so cute. And then I hung around the house until going to meet Eden at her house to go to the playa to attempt surfing again. I would say that today was not the best surfing experience. En serio. First off, my toenail fell off as soon as I got in the water (disgusting, I realize). I hurt it in December, I think, in indoor soccer, and a new toenail is about half grown out underneath... still gross. Then, as soon as we paddled out there, there was a lull in the waves (muy tranquilo), but I got seasick from just sitting there on my board for 20 minutes, and then when I sat up on my board, I got muscle cramps in my glutes. I wiped out really well a few times, when the wave broke on top of me and flipped my board, and I only caught one really good wave, when I was able to stand up for probably five or six seconds. Crazy day. I went home, took a hot shower, and then went to the universitarios group, where Pastor Ramiro talked and then we went to a Chifa restaurant. I feel really accepted by the group, which is so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment