Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 29


I got my grade back from my class, which was a B, but still the highest in the class (I think that school grades really hard on participation). I signed up for the next month of class, which starts next Thursday -- I have a nice little vacation for a few days. After class, I went home for a while before meeting Eden at the school where she works as an art teacher. We went to the Inca market in Miraflores (a lot of fun souvenirs) and then walked around Parque Kennedy. It feels pretty touristy (lots of gringos), but then there are a ton of locals there, too. At least we don't get stared at as much there. I bought some of (apparently) the best coffee in Lima at a bodega -- only $10 for 1 kilo. Eden and I went to a Dutch restaurant and shared an awesome giant crepe and then watched some people dance in the parque (you gotta love Latin America) and went to a free piano concert. It was awesome -- the guy (Ismael Pacheco) is only 19 years old and plays amazingly well. He sat close enough that we could see his facial expressions -- he seemed very much like a little kid. He wore a black T-shirt under his blazer, and his sleeves were a few inches too long, and after every song he'd kind of roll his eyes and wipe his brow and blow air out of his mouth, as if relieved that the song was over. We felt like such LimeƱos because I think there were a lot of people from the community there. We took the bus home after the concert, but stopped at Buen Pastor to hear the end of a teaching about a new evangelism method at church, and then I got to walk home with Nadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment